Taking pictures of your new baby is a great way to preserve life long memories.
Baby pictures can also make great postcards, keepsakes, or baby shower gifts.
Here are some simple tips to get great baby pictures:
1) Avoid bright light - Babies are especially sensitive to bright light including
harsh sunlight and flash photography. If possible, try to take photos during
the day when flash photography is not necessary. You can also use lamps to create
2) Take pictures from different distances - Try to take pictures from different
distances. Most people like to take close-up pictures, but pictures that are
too close can be blurry and out of focus. By taking several pictures from different
distances, you can keep the ones that are the best.
3) Be aware of your baby's mood - Try not to start a photo session when your
baby is cranky or crying. If your baby is in a bad mood, then wait awhile until
he or she is better rested or calmed. You will get better pictures when your
baby is in good spirits.
4) Use a high quality camera and film - This tip may seem simple, but is worth
saying. Using high quality cameras and film can make a big difference in the
quality of the photo, especially if you are creating photo gifts or favors.
5) Get rid of any distractions - Make sure there are not too many distractions
when taking pictures. Anything that moves or makes noise, like the TV, should
be turned off is possible. Having too many people around can also be distracting
for the baby.
6) Take multiple shots - Taking different shots is a good idea for any type
of photography, particularly if you are making photo gifts. Sometimes it is
hard to tell if a shot will turn out good until it is actually produced, so
get those extra shots just in case.
7) Background - Make sure that there is not too much distracting stuff in the
background. The focus should be on the baby, so plain backgrounds usually work
8) Other people - Try taking pictures of the baby with other people as well,
including you. A baby will interact with other people and these interactions
captured on film can make great keepsakes.
About the Author - Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and
new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For baby shower picture frames,
go to Baby Picture
Frames - Favors (https://www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/pictureframes.htm) and
Unique Baby Shower Favors
(https://www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/unique.htm). Note: If you find this article
useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as
long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.